JOHOR BAHRU, 25 Mac 2015 – The Faculty of Science Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) in collaboration with the Malaysian Natural Product Society (MNPS) has organized The International Conference on Natural Products (ICNP) 2015.
The ICNP2015 is an excellent opportunity for researchers, academicians, students and practitioners around the world to share their latest findings and exchange knowledge in Natural Products.
The Malaysian Natural Product Society (MNPS) has been actively involved with local universities to organize the Annual Seminar of Natural Products at National and Regional level since 1987.
UTM was selected for the first time to host the Annual Seminar in 1996. In 2010, this annual national seminar was elevated to an international status, and rebranded as ICNP 2010 with USM as the first organizer.
The inaugural international seminar was the followed by ICNP 2011, ICNP 2013 and ICNP 2014, hosted by Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam campus and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) respectively.
This year, UTM has been entrusted by MNPS to host the ICNP 2015, which is also the 31th annual seminar of this society.
The venue of ICNP2015 is at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Johor Bahru, Johor, held on 24-25 March 2015.
The theme of this conference is “Propelling Science and Technology Through Natural Products”. Three parallel sessions for 78 presenters and 160 posters will be presented in this conference.
A total of six plenary speakers, 9 invited speakers and two special guests delivered their lectures in ICNP2015. The research topics covered include:
• Ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology of medicinal plants
• Isolation and structural identification of natural products
• Discovery of lead compounds for drug development
• Synthesis of bioactive molecules
• Computational and structure-function studies
• Biological activities, pharmacology and toxicology of natural products
• Pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry
• Analysis and development of herbal products
• Cultivation and agricultural aspects of natural products
• New technology platforms in natural product research
• Microbial metabolites as new source of pharmaceuticals
This conference is in line with UTM’s pledge to ensure high competitiveness in terms of R&D&C activities of UTM as a Research University.
ICNP 2015 was officiated by the Johor Secretary of State, Dato’ Hj Ismail Karim accompanied by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Research and Innovation, Prof. Dr. Ahmad Fauzi Ismail, Dean of Faculty of Science, Prof. Dr. Norsarahaida Saidina Amin and MNPS President, Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Jantan.