On August 28, 2023, in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) convened an exceptional assembly of industry luminaries for the Real Estate Industry Advisory Panels (IAP) meeting. This event, held at the Faculty of Built Environment and Surveying, showcased an accomplished and diverse panel of experts representing various sectors within the real estate industry. The UTM Real Estate Industry Advisory Panels serve as a pivotal bridge connecting academia and the real estate sector, facilitating collaboration and knowledge exchange. These panel members are distinguished leaders in their respective organizations, recognized for their substantial contributions to the industry.
The meeting delved into profound discussions encompassing a wide array of topics, including the transformative impact of digital technologies on property valuation, sustainable development practices, and the evolving dynamics of the property market in Malaysia. These deliberations yielded valuable insights into the contemporary challenges and opportunities confronting the real estate industry in today’s dynamic landscape. Furthermore, the meeting provided a platform for these industry titans to share their insights and expertise with UTM’s faculty members, students, and researchers. The discourse revolved around the latest trends, hurdles, and prospects within the real estate sector, as well as potential avenues for collaboration between academia and industry.
The UTM Real Estate Industry Advisory Panels play a pivotal role in ensuring that the university’s real estate programs remain current and responsive to industry demands. Through these collaborative endeavors, UTM consistently produces graduates equipped to excel in the ever-evolving real estate industry. The esteemed IAP comprises the following distinguished members:
- Sr. Norhayati Awang – Director of Johor State Valuation
- Sr. Mahayuddin Makmin – Director, Stocker Robert & Gupta
- Mr. Chng Ewe Lee – Comet Catcher Sdn. Bhd.
- Tuan Haji Sr. Ishak Ismail – Chief Executive Director, IMG Global Property Consultants
- Encik Mohd. Fariz Helmi Husain – Senior Manager, Office of the Chief Executive Officer, Permodalan Negeri Selangor Berhad (PNSB)
- Sr. Wee Soon Chit – Executive Director, Landserve Sdn. Bhd.
- Miss Susan Tan – Malaysia Institute of Estate Agents (Johor Branch)
- Encik Effendy Zulkifly – MSU Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Sr. Samuel Tan – KGV International Property Consultants (Johor) Sdn. Bhd.
- Tuan Sr. Haji Dzulkefly Haji Ahmad – MN Associates Johor Sdn. Bhd.
The Faculty of Built Environment and Surveying at UTM extends its heartfelt gratitude to all IAP members for their invaluable contributions and eagerly anticipates future collaborations that will enrich education and research in the field of real estate.