A joint IJN-UTM Steering Committee Meeting was held at Insititut Jantung Negara, Kuala Lumpur on 23 Oct 2019. This marked another memorable event to IJN-UTM Cardiovascular Engineering Centre Team.
The meeting was attended by:
1. YBhg. Prof. Datuk Ir. Dr. Wahid Omar, Vice Chancellor of UTM
2. YBhg. Dato’ Seri Dr. Mohd Azhari Yakub, Chief Executive Officer of IJN Holdings
3. YBhg. Prof. Datuk Dr. Ahmad Fauzi Ismail, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research & Innovation) of UTM
4. YBhg. Datuk Dr. Aizai Azan Abdul Rahim, Chief Executive Officer of IJN
5. YBhg. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kahar Osman, Chair of School of Biomedical Engineering and Health Sciences, UTM
6. YBhg. Dato’ Dr. Suhaini Kadiman, Director of Clinical Research of IJN
as the voting members, while Dr. Ahmad Zahran Md Khudzari, Director of IJN – UTM Cardiovascular Engineerin Centre, Dr. Syafiqah Saidin as the Deputy Director also attended the meeting as non-voting members. The 2 hours plus meeting first opened with the YBhg. Dato’ Seri Dr. Mohd Azhari Yakub handing over the Chairmanship of IJN to the current IJN CEO, YBhg. Datuk Dr. Aizai Azan Abdul Rahim for the coming year. The later discussion centered around IJN-UTM Cardio Centre achievement from 2018, current year 2019 performance and some other matters pertaining to collaboration between IJN and UTM for the coming years.
The Steering Committee Meeting was adjourned at 4:30 pm with a handing of token of appreciation from UTM Vice Chancellor, YBhg. Prof. Datuk Dr. Wahid Omar to IJN ex-CEO Dato’ Seri Dr. Mohd Azhari Yakub who had been appointed to become IJN Holding CEO and would no longer be attending the Steering Committee meeting.
There was also an exhibition of medical device prototypes developed between IJN and UTM collaboration. The exhibition was held from 10 am to 4 pm at IJN Block B walkaway which was open to the public. The exhibition aimed to showcase the progress of IJN – UTM Cardio Centre collaborative research.
News by : Dr. Zahran & Akmal
Photos by : Azren