The World Engineering Education Forum (WEEF) 2017 will be hosted by the Society of Engineering Education Malaysia (SEEM), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and the International Federation on Engineering Education Societies (IFEES), in collaboration with the Malaysian Council of Engineering Deans.
WEEF 2017 is a platform for bringing engineering educators and leaders, industry, governmental organizations and NGOs together to form fruitful and long-term collaboration, as well as to be involved with the larger international engineering education community. With the theme, “The Era of Synergistic Collaboration”, WEEF 2017 aims to inspire international level cooperation among participants and form a lasting community in engineering education with systematic programs and activities.
WEEF 2017 will consists of:
- Global Students Forum (GSF) which will be held 3 days before WEEF where engineering students from all over the world will gather
- Global Entrepreneurship Challenge (GEC) organised by the Student Platform for Engineering Education Development (SPEED) which will be held in parallel with WEEF 2017
- 7th Regional Conference in in Engineering Education & Research in Higher Education Conference (RCEE & RHEd 2017) which will be held in parallel with WEEF 2017
- 1st Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Education Conference which will be held in parallel with WEEF 2017
- 4th Innovative Practices in Higher Education Exposition 2017 (I-PHEX 2017) which will be held in parallel with WEEF 2017 on the third day
- Presidential Forum for Asian Technical Universities (ATU) Network and universities from IFEES member countries,
- Higher Education Expo,
- Workshops, plenary sessions, paper presentations, and academic and industries exhibitions.
Among the workshops that will be offered include managing change, designing effective faculty development programs, conducting educational research in STEM areas, talent pipeline development in STEM, service learning, academic quality assurance and accreditation (includes outcomes-based education), graduate mobility, complex problem solving, design thinking and many more.
The event will be initiated by the Global Students Forum (GSF) that will be held on 11th to 13th November 2017 at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia International Campus, Kuala Lumpur, followed by the WEEF 2017 from 13th to 16th November 2017 at Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur.
For more information on WEEF 2017, please visit www.weef2017.org.