Category: Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Maybank Foundation in collaboration with ASEAN Foundation had endorsed a program called eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN, a platform for all young leaders across ASEAN to engage in driving social and economic development in the region.Read More
International Sit In Teaching Practice Program for SOE teacher trainees.Read More
by Corrienna Abdul Talib | Feb 6, 2020 | Berita Harian, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Impactful Research & Development/Project/Commercialisation, New Straits Times, School of Education | 0
STEM, STEAM, computational thinking, problem solving, thinking skills. motivation.Read More
UTM academician, Dr. Zulkifli Khair has been invited as a speaker for MonsoonSIM Users Conference in Penang. The conference worked as a platform on sharing experience about the implementation of MonsoonSIM in the higher education institutes (HEI) within Asia Pacific countries.Read More
As a continuation of the cooperation and MoU agreement between Universitas Muhammadiyah Purwokerto (UMP) Indonesia and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), an international seminar on Psychology was conducted with the theme “Future Psychology Interaction of Human Behavior, Culture, and Technology to Create Society 5.0” on 11th January 2020 at Purwokerto, Indonesia.Read More
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities organized the FSSH Togetherness Day Programme, in line with the theme ‘Unite Through Nature’ aimed to strengthen the bond between FSSH staff as well as to produce a happy, connected, engaged, and productive team of FSSH staff, with lasting impact on their work motivation and culture.Read More
ISPC 2019 provides an opportunity to create innovative leaders with new talents in the field of social sciences and humanities.
ISPC 2019 organized by the Faculty of Social Science and Humanities (FSSH) aimed to provide opportunities to create innovative leaders with new talents in the social sciences and humanities field.Read More
Josiah Jeevanraj Joseph from the Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) won second place for English Speech category in the first Modern Language Olympiad 2019, organised by Akademi Pengajian Bahasa, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia. The competition, with the theme “Celebrating Youth, Language & Culture” was held from October 29 to November 2, 2019.
There were 5 fields of competition, which were Speech, Idea Pitching, Strategic Storytelling, Versatile Presenting, and Radio Drama. The competition was conducted under three languages- Malay, English, and Arabic language and it was open for students of all levels. Among the objectives of the programme were to uncover the personal aptitude and showcase the students’ skills in presentation while enhancing critical thinking skills.
Besides Josiah, another three students, Ibrahim Mohamed and Mohammed Nasser Mokhadri from the School of Computing as well as Nizar Haider from the School of Mechanical reached up to the semi-finals outperforming other contestants in the English Speech category. All four UTM students received full support from Assoc. Prof. Dr Hanita Bte Hassan, Chair of Language Academy and their participation in Modern Language Olympiad (MLO) was fully sponsored by Language Academy, Faculty of Science Social and Humanity (FSSH).
Competitions were stiff with 167 contestants from different universities across the nation, including a few from Indonesia, competing in various categories. For English Speech category alone, there were 50 competitors who were articulate and well trained. UTM speakers managed to be on the top 15 list out of 50 contestants as they entered the semi-final. Failing to grab the top place did not discourage the UTM contestants to compete in future events. In fact, the students reported that they have learnt a lot from the opportunities and experiences throughout the journey of the competition. The students were determined to practice further for similar competitions in the future.
The students credited the Language Academy lecturers who had given them advice and tips, especially Dr. Nina Diana Nawi, Dr. Farhana Abu Bakar, Dr. Aminabibi Saidalvi, Dr. Abdullah Nawi, Dr Farhana Diana Deris, Mr. Ghazali Bunari and Ms. Nur ‘Ain Mohd Shahroom. They also expressed gratitude to UTM Aces Toastmasters Club because the club had provided them an avenue to practice public speaking skills.Read More
- UTM Offers Expertise to Investigate Coronavirus in Water
- UTM Shield Distributes its ‘Homemade’ Face Shields to the Front Liners to Combat Covid-19
- Guideline Implementation Of Restricted Movement Order Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Effective From 18 March 2020 Until 31 March 2020
- UTM joined the largest international education event in Eurasia
- 10 UTM Researchers and Students Visited Japan Under Sakura Science Plan
- Covid-19: Announcement
- AHIBS Connect Community Grant – A Boost For Impactful Community Engagement Projects
- 7 Tips to a Happier Semester in UTM
- Community Work at Sungai Bunus by MJIIT and Tsukuba University Students
- Delegation: School Of Computing 2020
- MJIIT FYP2 Briefing and Announcement of FYP1 (3MT Thesis Seminar Best Presenters)
- SPE-UTM SC Members Won First Place in Paper and Poster Competition at ITB, Bandung, Indonesia
- UTM and MESTECC Collaborate to Groom Professional Talent in Science and Technology
- UTM Psychology Student Soaring High to the ASEAN Level
- Molecular Docking-structure based Virtual Screening for Drug Discovery Course
Previous Months’ News
- COVID-19: UTM Terus Perkasa Operasi Susulan Lanjutan PKP Jamin Kebajikan Pelajar
- POLISI MANTAP NEGARA MENANGANI KEMELUT COVID-19
- Staf Jabatan TNCP ‘Hero Tak Didendang’ Bagi Pelajar Sepanjang PKP di UTM
- Stok Barangan Keperluan Harian Pelajar di Kampus Lengkap
- Urgensi dan Kesediaan : Masyarakat, Industri dan Universiti menghadapi COVID-19
- Kreativiti Pensyarah SKBSK, UTM Cipta ‘Face Shield’ Bantu Kakitangan KKM
- UTM hasilkan ‘face shield’ bantu ‘frontliner’ KKM
- Mahasiswa UTMKL terima sumbangan makanan Yayasan Raja Zarith Negeri Johor
- UTM Ambil Inisiatif Murni Edar ‘Home Made Sanitizer’ Sempena COVID-19
- Panduan Pelaksanaan Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Berkuatkuasa Mulai 18 Mac 2020 Sehingga 31 Mac 2020