Category: Condolences and Congratulatory Messages
UTM has made progress in the Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities, July 2020 edition, by being positioned at number 531, to more than 30,000 higher education institutes from more than 200 countries. UTM also has the second-highest web presence according to the ranking calculation.Read More
Congratulations to IVAT on the Successful Migration to the Latest MS ISO/IEC 17025:2017 StandardRead More
MJIIT UTM hosted the 4th episode of #TsunagaruMJIIT, discussing on professional career opportunities related to underwater industries.Read More
SPE UTM SC delegate, Mr. Teh Lee Cheun, emerged as the 1st runner up in the Paper Contest of 10th Future Petroleum Engineer Forum 2020 organized online by SPE SC CUPB.Read More
The Department of Physics, Faculty of Science congratulates 2 physics graduates for securing PhD fundings for their study in Japan.Read More
The Asia Young Designer Awards (“AYDA”) is a platform that exposes students to experiences the challenges in the design boundaries and contextual issues in the architecture and interior design fields. The theme for 2019 is “Forward: A Sustainable Future”, challenging the next generation of architects and interior designers to break the boundaries of current design concepts by immersing their creations with functional and social sustainability elements in an effort to connect with the community.Read More
by Hafizan Hamzah | Dec 8, 2019 | Condolences and Congratulatory Messages, Faculties & Schools, Faculty of Engineering, General, Malaysian- Japan International Institute of Technology (MJIIT), School of Graduate Studies, Student/Alumni Achievement | 1 |
SPS Celebrate Best Postgraduate Students in a Grand EventRead More
Josiah Jeevanraj Joseph from the Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) won second place for English Speech category in the first Modern Language Olympiad 2019, organised by Akademi Pengajian Bahasa, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia. The competition, with the theme “Celebrating Youth, Language & Culture” was held from October 29 to November 2, 2019.
There were 5 fields of competition, which were Speech, Idea Pitching, Strategic Storytelling, Versatile Presenting, and Radio Drama. The competition was conducted under three languages- Malay, English, and Arabic language and it was open for students of all levels. Among the objectives of the programme were to uncover the personal aptitude and showcase the students’ skills in presentation while enhancing critical thinking skills.
Besides Josiah, another three students, Ibrahim Mohamed and Mohammed Nasser Mokhadri from the School of Computing as well as Nizar Haider from the School of Mechanical reached up to the semi-finals outperforming other contestants in the English Speech category. All four UTM students received full support from Assoc. Prof. Dr Hanita Bte Hassan, Chair of Language Academy and their participation in Modern Language Olympiad (MLO) was fully sponsored by Language Academy, Faculty of Science Social and Humanity (FSSH).
Competitions were stiff with 167 contestants from different universities across the nation, including a few from Indonesia, competing in various categories. For English Speech category alone, there were 50 competitors who were articulate and well trained. UTM speakers managed to be on the top 15 list out of 50 contestants as they entered the semi-final. Failing to grab the top place did not discourage the UTM contestants to compete in future events. In fact, the students reported that they have learnt a lot from the opportunities and experiences throughout the journey of the competition. The students were determined to practice further for similar competitions in the future.
The students credited the Language Academy lecturers who had given them advice and tips, especially Dr. Nina Diana Nawi, Dr. Farhana Abu Bakar, Dr. Aminabibi Saidalvi, Dr. Abdullah Nawi, Dr Farhana Diana Deris, Mr. Ghazali Bunari and Ms. Nur ‘Ain Mohd Shahroom. They also expressed gratitude to UTM Aces Toastmasters Club because the club had provided them an avenue to practice public speaking skills.Read More
Faculty of Built Environment and Surveying UTM won third place in Reinvigoration of Klang Islands Inter-varsity Conceptual Design Competition for Selangor Maritime Gateway (SMG)
Students from Landscape Architecture and Quantity Surveying programs, FABU UTM won third place with a trophy and individual certificate for Reinvigoration of Klang Islands Inter-varsity Conceptual Design Competition award ceremony in conjunction with the launching of Selangor Maritime Gateway project by YAB Tuan Amirudin Shari, Dato’ Menteri Besar Selangor that was held at Shah Alam.Read More
UTM has been ranked #401-500 in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking 2020 for engineering and technology subjects. UTM was previously ranked #501-600.Read More
Dr. Muhammad Najib Razali, Senior Lecturer from FABU received Emerald Literati Award of Excellence, established to celebrate and reward the outstanding contributions made by Emerald’s scholarly community, these awards help strengthen the impact of the winning research and support the author’s scholarly journey by providing the recognition and international kudos they deserve.Read More
Another achievement of Prof Dr Zulkifli from UTM IPASARead More
- Landscape Architecture Virtual Career Fair 2020
- UTM Ranks 2nd in Malaysia – Webometrics July 2020 Edition
- Prof Ts Dr Mohd Hamdan Ahmad Elected as Chairperson for Malaysia Green Building Council (Malaysia GBC) Southern Chapter 2020/2021
- UTM XCITE IDEATION CHALLENGE 2020 Exposes Students Innovative Talents
- Congratulations to IVAT on the Successful Migration to the Latest MS ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard
- AHIBS Action Research Challenge 2020
- One-Eyed Journey to Triumph
- MyLinE organised Stay-at-Home Competition during MCO for Non-Academic Staff
- First Online Interview for Undergraduate Candidates by School of Education UTM
- Exposing Student to Industry Experience Through Design Competition and Experience Talk
- AIESEC in Johor Bahru Youth Speak Forum 2.0: Connecting YOUth to COVID-19
- LDP UTM XCITE’s Coffee Talk ☕: #-!
- Delightful ‘Coffee Espresso’ by Leader-preneurship UTM XCITE
- Sustainable Entrepreneurial Mindset Showcase 2020 (SEMS 3.0) Stirred Students’ Entrepreneurial Mindset
- DOSH Recognises the School of Chemical and Energy Engineering as SHO Training Centre
Previous Months’ News
- Endowmen UTM Bantu Keperluan Komputer Riba 40 Orang Pelajar B40
- Adakah Graduan Sains Sukan dan Sains Kesihatan Bakal Bergelar Graduan Teknologist & Professional Technologist?
- Staf FSSH Cipta Sejarah Rangkul Tempat Pertama Merekabentuk Video Pendek Sempena Kempen Kreatif Covid-19
- UTM Anjur Program Merdeka Ride 10.1 KM Berbasikal untuk Hayati Ulangtahun Kemerdekaan ke-63
- Syarikat Usahawan Pelajar UTM Bantu Petugas Barisan Hadapan Covid-19
- Majlis Perasmian Galeri Pusat Kajian Alam Bina Dunia Melayu UTM
- UTM belanja RM40,438,476.00 bagi bantuan kewangan dan kebajikan pelajar bagi 2019-2020
- Prihatin, Komited dan Mesra! Jelajah Kasih diteruskan lagi
- Fakulti Sains Sosial dan Kemanusiaan UTM Bantu Membentuk Atlet Muslim yang Cemerlang
- Majlis Apresiasi Perdana 2020 oleh Pejabat Hal Ehwal Pelajar UTM Kuala Lumpur