Prepared by: Dr. Noor Hafizah Hassan & Dr. Nur Azaliah Abu Bakar
Razak Annual Technology, Informatics and Policy Seminar 2021 (RATIPS 2021) is one of the activities in conjunction with Razak Research Week 2021 organized by Razak Faculty of Technology and Informatics (RFTI). It has been successfully held on 7th December 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the theme “Enable Digital Transformation for Society”.
This seminar is an event, organized to provide a platform for academicians, researchers, industrial participants, and students to share their research findings. It has attracted nearly 150 participants from various universities and industries.
Technological innovations in the digital space were embraced, offering the opportunity to provide RATIPS 2021 event ‘virtually’, with delegates participating from their own place or workstation.
Dr. Hazlifah Mohd Rusli and Dr. Suraya Yaa’cob moderated the opening sessions. The Dean of RFTI, Prof. Dr. Astuty Amrin, delivered the first speech. She welcomed all scholars and affirmed the great significance of this seminar to strengthen the academic exchanges among scholars, and wished the seminar a success.
The event proceeded by Officiating Razak Research Week 2021 Ceremony by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Prof. Dr. Rosli Md Illias.
RATIPS 2021 invited two distinguished speakers. The Deputy Director General (Information and Communications Technology (ICT)) from Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU), Mr. Azih Yusof, shared his speech with the title of “Back to Basic, Transforming the Government Digitally”.
Meanwhile, the Adjunct Professor of RFTI, Ir. Dr. Abd Aziz Hassan, shared his keynote on “Digital Transformation Impact on SMEs”.
This seminar accepts extended abstract and full paper submissions from four tracks which are: i) Engineering, ii) Informatics iii) Science, Management and Design, and iv) Policy.
The full paper submission was evaluated by reviewers and will be published in the selected non-index journal. A total of 27 submissions have been received for RATIPS 2021 and presented in the parallel sessions in the evening.
Eight awards have been given to the participants during the closing ceremony that was held on 10th December 2021:
- BEST PRESENTER (INFORMATICS)
- Sheau Chang Liau , Nilam Nur Amir Sjarif, Doris Wong Hooi Ten (Stock Trend Behavior Prediction Using Machine Learning Techniques and Trading Simulation)
- Reevan Seelen Jagamogan, Hafiza Abas, Saiful Adli Ismail (Systematic Literature Review (SLR) on Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) in Residential Areas)
- Izardy Amiruddin, Mohd Syahid Mohd Anuar (Evaluation of Malaysia’s 15th General Election Prediction Models by Using Cross Validation Approaches)
- BEST PRESENTER (ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY)
- Farah Adibah Adnan, Khairur Rijal Jamaludin, Wan Zuki Azman Wan Muhamad (Analysis of Data Including Missing Values in Mahalanobis Taguchi Systems)
- Nurmasitah Mohamad Nazri, Mohd Azri Mohd Izhar (The Effective Strategies on Covid-19 Infection Prevention and Control Among Healthcare Workers)
- Wan Nur Zulaikha Hasnul Masrin, Mohd Zaki Hassan (Recent Development of Natural Fiber for Nanocellulose Extraction and Application)
- BEST PAPER
- Senthil Kumar Jayapalan, Mohd Syahid Mohd Anuar (Transfer Learning Based Network Performance Comparison Of The Pre-Trained Deep Neural Networks Using Matrix Laboratory (MATLAB))
- Mohd Hairul Fadli Hairul Mohd Hashim, Roslina Ibrahim, Haslina Arshad, Rasimah Che Mohd Yusoff, Suraya Yaa’cob, Hafiza Abas (Augmented Reality in Cultural Heritage Tourism: A Review of Past Study)