Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) emerged as the big winner at the Kejohanan Olahraga MAKSAK Johor 2019 which was held at Stadium Azman Hashim, UTM on the 20th October 2019 with overall medal collection of 10 gold, 9 silver and 3 bronze. The one day event saw the participation of athletes from 27 different government agencies all over Johor including Jabatan Imigresen Negeri Johor, Lembaga Perindustrian Nanas Malaysia, Jabatan Kesihatan Johor, Majlis Bandaraya Iskandar Puteri, Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri, Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia, Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru and Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran Johor. A total of 15 staff represented UTM in both the Senior and Veteran categories of which 9 staff competed in the Men’s category while 6 staff in the Women’s category. Four UTM staff managed to become double gold medalists in respective events namely Muhammad Zaim bin Hashim from the School of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering (800m and 1500m; Men’s Senior category), Aznorzam binti Salleh, a staff from the Hal Ehwal Pelajar office (800m and 1500m; Women’s Veteran category), Dr. Wan Mohd. Zakri bin Wan Abdullah, from the Faculty of Built Environment and Surveying (High Jump and Long Jump; Men’s Senior Veteran category) and Rohayah binti Dahar (Javelin and Discus Throw; Women’s Senior Veteran category). While the other two gold medals were won by Nurhafizah binti Zaini who competed in the 200m event under the Women Senior category and Dr. Zuriahati binti Mohd Yunos from the School of Computing, Faculty of Engineering who hit the finishing line first in the 5000m Women Veteran category. UTM staff’s athletic team manager, Pn. Habsah binti Jambari from the Center for Community and Industrial Networking office can’t contain her delight on the achievement of UTM staff athletes in this year’s edition of Kejohanan Olahraga MAKSAK Johor. She also expressed her gratitude to UTM’s Athletic coach, Mohd. Yusoff bin Mat Yaman from the university’s Sport Excellence Centre, for his dedication in preparing the athletes leading up to this event. Kejohanan Olahraga MAKSAK Johor 2019 also doubled up as the official selection event to identify athletes to represent Johor in the Kejohanan Olahraga MAKSAK Kebangsaan 2019 which is scheduled to be held in mid-November at the Stadium Nasional Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
About The Author
November 4, 2019
December 2, 2019
September 26, 2018
October 13, 2019
- University Ranking is Not Just a Number, But a Responsibility
- UTM as Plenary Speaker on Sustaining International Partnerships in Japan JAGCE’s National Convention
- UTM Strengthen Ties with Japan and South East Asia’s Industry-Academia-Government Consortium
- Industrial Talk by PROTON on the Automotive Technology: The Future In-Car Connectivity
- Steering Committee Meeting 2019 of IJN-UTM Cardiovascular Engineering Centre
- UTM won 1st and 2nd Place in The Great Lab (TGL) Grand Design Challenge 2019.
- Mechanical Engineering students at the historical coast of Malaybar
- Excellent Postgraduate Students Walking on Air!
- NITech Sakura’s Program 2019 – ASEAN Universities (UTM-UTHM-VNU-NUOL)
- UNAND Students exposed to learning, teaching and research environment at Faculty of Science UTM
- UTM – Mississippi States University – ADASFA Collaboration Strengthens the TAGUCHI Method Research
- Scientific Talks and Demonstration by Staff and Student of Faculty of Science at the Petrosains Meet The Expert Program