KUALA LUMPUR, 16 July – Following 1 year of synergy, AHIBS’ IAP reconvened this year with key industry captains to uplift the delivery of business education in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). IAP 2018 has focused on 5 core areas namely IR 4.0 Intervention into Business Education, Continuous Quality Improvement on Academic Programs, Driving Academia-Industry Interaction Circle, Research Collaboration and Opportunities, and Action Learning / Residential Programmes at the industry. The impacts of IAP 2018 have driven and moved AHIBS to improve platforms namely on:
- Continued investment in intellectual infrastructure and fundamental discovery of using technology to engage learning outcomes.
- Continued advancements in building analytical talents across in our delivery.
- Inclusion of development and translational research programs that move towards the corporate social responsibility agenda of industries.
- Active industry participation in residential activities for both students and academics.
- Adopting more holistic values and skills that incorporate societal skills to get graduates to be more ambitious with an international strategy and to forge strategic partnerships with academic and industry groups around the world.
- Convening of normal internships in undergraduate programs to include industry-based projects for embracing dialogue on best practices of the industries.
- Public engagement and dialogues in this new era of business analytics for turbulent environment thinking.
This year, the AHIBS Industry Advisory Panel meeting was held at the Royal Widad Residence, UTM Kuala Lumpur with new industries and representative members on board namely:
- YBhg. Datuk Johan Idris, Managing Partner, KPMG
- Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Paduka Dr. Fng Ah Seng, Yayasan Muhibbah
- YBhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Dr. Mohd Ramli Kushairi, Chairman, South Malaysia Industries Berhad
- YBhg. Dato’ Norhalim Yunus, CEO, MTDC
- Dato’ Hamidah Naziadin, Group Chief People Officer, CIMB
- Mr. Azman Ahmad, Chief Operating Officer, FGV Global Ventures
- Mr. Muhammad Kamal bin Nawawi, Axiata Celcom Berhad
- Mr. Raja Sa’adi bin Raja Amrin, Malindo Airways Sdn Bhd.
- Tuan Syed Anuar Bin Tuan Syed Ali, Ambank Group
- Mr. Azlan Baqee Abdullah, Amcorp Properties Berhad
- Mr. Eqhwan Mokhzane, Ambank Islamic Berhad
The meeting addressed six themes which are currently undergoing a strategic review at AHIBS: 1) New Wave of Data Science and Analytics, AI and Big data, 2) Research and Collaborative Innovation, 3) Future Business School, 4) Performance Leadership and Talent, 5) Energizing Alumni Relations and 6) Millennial Generation Learning.
The IAP ended with the members having lunch with Tan Sri Azman Hashim, the man behind the UTM Azman Hashim International Business School. The event and lucheon also include an official soft launching of the AHIBS Advisory Council (AAC) which took place at eatatlevelsix, Residence UTMKL.
AAC serves as a platform to provide independent advice to the Dean on the business school direction to ensure that the business school offers relevant education in the volatile business world. AAC will also collaborate on matters relating to the development of education and research excellence with industry partners across economic clusters. The AAC consists of the following members: five members from the industries – Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Tan Sri Sa’diah Sh Bakir, Tan Sri Anthony Francis Fernandes, Tan Sri Vincent Tan, and Mr. Goh Peng Oii; members from UTM – Dato’ Prof. Ir. Dr. Wahid Omar; Prof. Ir. Dr. Zainuddin Abd Manan; Prof. Dr. Nur Naha Abu and one member from the Hull Business School – Emeritus Prof. Michael Tayles.
Author: Professor Dr. Nur Naha Abu Mansor