September 14, 2018 – Johor Bahru: The IJN-UTM Cardiovascular Engineering Centre (IJN-UTM Cardio Centre welcomed a visit by members of the National Heart Institute (IJN) Board of Directors.
Among members present were Tengku Dato’ Seri Hasmuddin Tengku Othman, Raja Azlan Shah Raja Azwa, Mr. Akmal Arief Mohammed Fauzi, Mr. Abdul Rahman Haji Siraj and Mr. Mohd Mazuar Mohd Nooh. The welcome reception was led by Dr. Ahmad Zahran Md. Khudzari, Director of IJN-UTM Cardio Centre.
The visit started with product & poster showcase then followed with engagement session and slide presentation on the achievement of the centre so far.
There were 10 products & posters showcased which are:
- MyThrob – Smart Arrhythmia Screener lead by Dr. Hau Yuan Wen
- Microneedle Insulin Delivery System lead by Prof. Dr. Ida Idayu Muhamad
- Spiral Flow Induced Canula lead by Dr. Ahmad Zahran Md. Khudzari
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) lead by Dr. Ahmad Zahran Md. Khudzari
- Stent Technology lead by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kahar Osman
- Cardiac Patch lead by Dr. Saravana Kumar Jaganathan
- Stent Coating lead by Dr. Syafiqah Saidin
- Ultrasound Phantom lead by Dr. Dyah Ekashanti Octorina Dewi
- SMAMS – Smart Medical Assets Management System lead by Prof. Ir. Dr.-Ing. Eko Supriyanto
- Transesophageal Echcardiography (TEE) Remote System lead by Prof. Ir. Dr.-Ing. Eko Supriyanto
Most of these products are already in the final technical optimization phase before going for the industrial, animal and clinical testing. Stent Technology which is led by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kahar Osman for example is already doing animal testing with collaboration from Japan, UKM and UiTM.
SMAMS which is led by Prof. Ir. Dr.-Ing. Eko Supriyanto is another example of a product that has received approval from the Ministry of Health (MOH) to conduct Small Scale Industrial Testing at a hospital. This project is now in collaboration with E Life Solutions Plt.
Meanwhile, the IJN-UTM Cardio Centre also welcome the Investment and Research Grants support for these products. Further arrangements can be made with the respective project leader.
Report by: Akmal Ayob
Photo by: Akmal Ayob & Burhan
/ Department of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)